Calcutta University Mathematics Honours Books
Calcutta University Mathematics Honours Books for 1st Year, semester 1 students are mainly divided in unit wise and core course paper wise as given below.
Semester 1 | Core Course-1
Paper Name: Calculus, Geometry & Vector Analysis
Unit-1 : Calculus
Text book: Application of Calculus by Debasish Sengupta
Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2ZDHsLL
Unit-2 : Geometry
Text book: Advanced Analytical Geometry by J. G. Chakravorty and P. R. Ghosh
Amazon link: https://amzn.to/32r2Llt
Unit-3 : Vector Analysis
Text book: Vector Analysis by Ghosh and Maity
Amazon link: https://amzn.to/3mmHlxB
University of Calcutta Mathematics Honours Books
Semester : 1 | Core Course-2
Paper Name: Algebra
Text book: Higher Algebra Classical by SK Mapa
Amazon link: https://amzn.to/33wtJY2
Text book : Topics in Abstract Algebra by Sen, Ghosh, Mukhopadhyay and Maity
Text book : Higher Algebra: Abstract and Linear by SK Mapa
Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2FvYzrZ
Exam and grade points under CBCS Syllabus
The examination will now be on grade points and the student score sheet will be on 10 point grade scale. No marks will be mentioned. Combining all semesters an honours student has to appear for 140 credit points in three years across 6 semesters. In general, a student needs to appear on 120 credit points. To graduate, in six semesters an honours candidate needs to secure CGPA 4 and general student needs to bag 3 CGPA.
CBCS rules for Calcutta University Mathematics Honours
- In CBCS, students will be allotted 10 marks for attendance and 10 marks for internal assessment in each paper.
- The 10 marks allotted to internal exam is to be conducted by the colleges.
- In laboratory based subjects out of the remaining 80 marks, 30 marks has been allotted to practical tests and 50 marks to theoretical paper.
- In case of non-laboratory based subjects, out of 80 marks, 15 will be given to tutorials and remaining 65 marks will be theory paper.
- Combining all semesters an honours student has to appear for 140 credit points in three years across 6 semesters.
- In general, a student needs to appear on 120 credit points.
- To graduate, in six semesters an honours candidate needs to secure CGPA 4.000 and general student needs to bag 3.000 CGPA.
- For upgrade or re-examination, a candidate will be allowed to reappear in any paper in which they have failed.
- In case of review, a student can demand a re-evaluation of their answer scripts and see themselves.
- Within five years, enrolled students will have to complete the course for which he or she has taken admission.
For every student, right from school level to the highest degree, receiving proper academic guidance is an essential requirement. Due to the lack of proper coaching and sincere effort, students are unable to achieve their required potential. As a result, many of their academic and professional dreams are never fulfilled.
For these reasons , Mathematics has become the most important subject for the students.
Precisely, for these reasons students need a reliable teacher. Join our ONLINE B.Sc Mathematics Honours/Pass Tuition for best result.
B.Sc Mathematics Online classes, both Hons. & pass, are taken by Prof. Sudipta Ma’am and Prof. Biswadip Sir, Ramakrishna Mission Residential College (Autonomous), Narendrapur. Join our ONLINE B.Sc Mathematics Honours/Pass Tuition for best result.
Our esteemed faculty conducts frequent LIVE classes over Skype/Google meet/Zoom, as they cover various concepts and and problem-solving tricks. We offer pre-recorded video lectures for those who can’t attend regular classes. Special classes to clear doubts are regularly held as the student progresses through the course. The lectures are adapted to the requirements of the course, strictly adhering to the current CBCS syllabus. Mock tests are performed regularly to monitor student progress.
What We Offer
We provide coaching for all the papers covered in the CBCS syllabus for B.Sc mathematics. We aid the students with well-prepared study material, study notes and mock tests. We have also prepared a solution key to the past ten years B.Sc Mathematics university question papers. Join our ONLINE B.Sc Mathematics Honours/Pass Tuition for best result.
Calcutta University Mathematics Honours subjects for first year
We provide B.Sc Maths Honours Online Coaching for all the papers, semester 1 to semester 6, covered in the CBCS syllabus of CU. Join our ONLINE B.Sc Mathematics Honours/Pass Tuition for best result.
Calcutta University Mathematics Pass subjects for 1st year
We provide B.Sc Maths Pass Online Coaching for all the papers, semester 1 to semester 6, covered in the CBCS syllabus of CU. Join our ONLINE B.Sc Mathematics Honours/Pass Tuition for best result.
Which are the best books for mathematics honours?
Best books for mathematics honours : The following CBCS B.Sc Mathematics books are very much useful for the students studying under Calcutta University.